Saturday, June 28, 2008

What do the jeans mean?

My lease on the house is up in a couple of days, so I've been cleaning out the room.

I found an American Eagle shopping bag which I thought would be useful for hauling clothes that I will sell at the rummage sale out to the garage.

When I opened the bag, I found a receipt. On closer inspection, I found that the receipt was for the jeans I was currently wearing. On even closer inspection, I found that I had purchased the jeans on this very day one year ago.

What does it mean or foretell? Does this divulge some imminent danger to my denim? Does it portend or presage some peril to my pants? Some jeopardy to my jeans?

Or something else entirely?

Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Seth said...

How did you know you bought the jeans on this day? Where are you going?

Kurd said...

1) The receipt gave the purchase date, which was one year prior to the day that I rediscovered the receipt.

2) We're moving to Indonesia after a month in Barcelona. We'll be teaching English, and plan to learn those Indonesians good. Check out the link at the right, "A boy, abroad...and a girl" for a chronicle of our travels.