Friday, November 21, 2008

Welcome to 1998!

The woman and I finally failed in our stand against modern technology and bought cellphones. While I didn't buy the cheapest, most stripped-down model, our phones are far from fancy. But they do have FM radio!

As one of my coworkers stated when I told him this, "Welcome to the '90s."

I guess it is a step up from the AM radio model.

A couple weeks ago, I went searching for some shoes. This task is very difficult here, since stores don't stock many shoes in sizes as large as mine. My shopping process involved me going into stores, asking for all the shoes in my size, and then rejecting the two ugly pairs they would bring out.

Eventually, I did find a pair. They are Airwalks.

So today I was at work walking around wearing my Airwalks and playing with my new FM radio phone. And occasionally stroking my freshly trimmed Fu Manchu mustache.

Needless to say, I was the coolest dude in the building.

No comments: